Yale Young African Scholars Program 2017!
The Yale Young Afribcan Scholars Program (YYAS) is a high-intensity academic and leadership program designed for African secondary school students who have the talent, drive, energy, and ideas to make meaningful impacts as young leaders, even before they begin their university studies. The program brings together students from across Africa in this seven-day, residential program and introduces them to the demanding U.S. university application process and requirements.
Do you know any young person qua lified for this? Send them to http://bit.ly/2j1ksSC
￼Deadline: March 16, 2017The
YYAS is an official program of Yale University. Administered by the Yale Young Global Scholars Program and building off that model of interdisciplinary academic curriculum, YYAS participants will attend lectures led by prominent Yale faculty, seminars developed by Yale student instructors, and experiential exercises designed to augment their leadership skills.
The 2017 Yale Young African Scholars Program will be hosted in:
• Rwanda: July 27 August 2
• Ghana: August 7 – August 13
• Mauritius: August 18- August 24
Cost and Funding
“We are excited to offer the 2017 Yale Young African Scholars Program in a new Southern African country this year, and look forward to participants getting a taste of student life at African Leadership University,” said Laura Kaub, Program Manager of YYAS.
Thanks to the generous support of the HigherLife Foundation, YYAS is free of cost to all accepted students. Travel stipends will be offered for students from low-income backgrounds.
• Prospective applicants must be citizens of an African country and currently attend school on the African continent.
• Applicants will have two years left before completing high school and be between the ages of 14-18.
The online application is available through the program web site.
• Click here to complete the online application.
• The application deadline is March 16, 2017, at 11:59pm EST.
• For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit Yale Young African Scholars Program 2017.