The Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM) in conjunction with the Public Affairs Section of the United States Consulate General in Lagos are pleased to invite you to the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program Recruitment Workshop as scheduled below:
DATE: Tuesday, April 18, 2017
TIME: 1– 3pm prompt
VENUE: MRC Auditorium, Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM/LASUTH Complex), Ikeja, Lagos
The purpose of the workshop is to inform prospective applicants on “How to apply successfully for the Hubert H. Humphrey Program”. We’ll be giving you tips on what makes for a competitive application and taking your questions afterwards.
To join in the workshop, RSVP is mandatory. Interested persons should please send an email toAyegbusiCO@state.gov on or before Sunday, April 16, 2017, by providing the following information:
1. Full Name:
2. Organization and Position held:
4. Years of full work experience (excluding NYSC):
5. GSM Number(s):
6. Email address:
Program Overview: The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship program is sponsored by the United States Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). This program provides mid-career professionals from designated countries, including Nigeria, with an opportunity to participate in a specialized, 10-month, non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts at selected U.S. universities. The objective is to provide Humphrey fellows with an overall experience that broadens their perspectives, enhances their capability to assume greater career responsibilities, and provides opportunities to establish useful professional contacts.
Application and deadline: The application for the 2018/2019 academic year is ongoing and please note that the STRICT deadline for submitting online application and all supplementary documents is June 1, 2017 at 12 noon.
The Fellowship provides for:
· Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
· Pre-academic English language training, if required;
· A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
· Accident and sickness coverage;
· A book allowance;
· A one-time computer subsidy;
· Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
· A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Humphrey Fellowship Eligibility: The Humphrey program is only for mid-career professionals, those with at least eight years’ experience. Please read the attached word document for additional criteria.
Please visit the Humphrey website www.humphreyfellowship.org to learn more about the program and click on https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/program-fields to determine which of the 15 program fields best matches your professional & public service experience.
The online application for the 2018/2019 academic year will be opened on April 1, 2016 and the link ishttps://iie.embark.com/apply/humphreyfellowship
A complete application includes:
- An online application which includes:
- a clearly written objectives, program plan and motivations for applying
- detailed essays
- Three letters of reference submitted electronically and attached to the online application by referees who know the applicants very well
- TOEFL score report
- Biodata page of valid international passport
Note: Hard copies of official academic transcripts and other supplementary documents should be forwarded to our office by regular mail. Please address the envelope to:
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Enquiries: Applicants with specific questions not addressed by the online application instructions may e-mail them toCulturallagos@state.gov Applicants should please indicate “Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program” in the subject line of email messages.
Please feel free to apply if you are qualified and share this email and attachments with other prospective applicants.
We look forward to receiving your applications in a timely manner.
download the following document to learn more about the criteria and the program fields.